- What a beautiful morning for a pre-dawn run! I am back to being able to slow-jog a full 5K. Emphasis on the slow.
- JoyDad is running too. I think the last time we were both doing the running thing was back during my fire-eating, bridge-jumping grad-school days. Except that now we have to tag-team. Can't leave the sleeping kids alone in the house and all.
- Hey, maybe these ARE my fire-eating, bridge-jumping grad-school days again. Y'think?
- One week from today, Rose goes back to school -- as a second grader. Woo hoo!
- Tomorrow, I go to my first day of orientation for my leadership training program. Woo hoo times two!
- It took me three tries to pass the Emergency Procedures and Infection Control test that followed the pre-orientation online training module I took this weekend. I am quite certain that I will never need to know that Security personnel, and not the fire department, are responsible for fire-watch when the sprinkler systems go offline in the university health-care buildings. But now you know too. Just in case.
- Speaking of sprinkler systems -- we're working with Joy on drinking from an open cup. She likes to put her hand into it to play with the water, and even when she's using it properly, she doesn't always pay enough attention to get the cup put back safely down. She did great the other day at snack with her barista, though, who commented afterward, "That was some impressive drinking -- and I mean that in a non-undergraduate sort of way!"
- With fall-like weather and school coming on, I sorted clothes for the girls this weekend. Joy has grown into her sister's old 5Ts. There's a particularly cute dress I pulled out for her... checked the tag... yep, 5T, good deal... and then I saw the label name. SPEECHLESS GIRLS. Must have been made for her!
- Except that Rose wore the dress in her day. And on the speech front, my girls are like matter and anti-matter.
- Except that I had them on the same tire-swing last night. And it didn't cause a universe-ending, matter/anti-matter collision. I swung 'em high, totally whipped that swing in circles. The grins were immense.
- Both my ladies continue to be loving the Food Network Channel. Joy's favorite thing about it lately appears to be the logo-bubble image on the lower right of the screen. She keeps trying to pop it.
- Speaking of bubbles. Must... go... shower. See ya!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Random Tuesday Thoughts
It's been a while... the randomness has been building up... it's time for another edition of Random Tuesday Thoughts!